| The Runo Oroshennoe
is "the Fleece of Prayer". The Il'insk-Chernigov Icon
of the Mother of God was written in the year 1658 by the iconographer
Grigorii Konstantinovich Dubensky, in monasticism Gennadii.
In 1662 over the course of 8 days, from 16 to 24 April, tears
flowed from the icon. In this same year Tatars descended upon
Chernigov and devastated it. At midnight they burst into the
Trinity monastery, went into the church, overturned all the icons
and grabbed all the utensils, but the wonderworking icon
with its adornment remained untouched. An invisible power held
back the impious from the holy icon. The Queen of Heaven likewise
once had not permitted, that the enemy should enter into the
cave of the Monk Antonii of Pechersk, where the brethren of the
monastery had hidden. As though terrified by an incomprehensible
vision, the Tatars turned to flight.
The miracle of the Mother of God from Her Chernigov Icon was
described by Sainted Dimitrii of Rostov (Comm. 28 October and
21 September), in his book, "The Moistened Fleece"
("Runo Oroshennoe"). Later on Sainted John of Tobol'sk
(+ 1715, Comm. 10 June) also wrote about the Chernigov Icon.
A wonderworking copy of the Chernigov Icon of the Mother of God,
situated in the Gethsemane skete-hermitage of the Trinity-Sergiev
Lavra, was glorified in the year 1869 (account is under 1 September).